Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Meme That Proves I'm Still Kicking

I was tagged by the super-cool ANPFisher, who is blogging every day this month. Whereas I have not blogged at all for a month. It makes a nice symmetry anyway, right?

But here it is, to prove I'm still alive... and to shake things up, I'm going to post seven good things about the last month. It's been a hell of a month so believe me this counts as "random and weird" things about me.

Rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. FG got a table delivered that had belonged to her grandparents and resided in her family's basement for a looooong time. I've been knocking myself out cleaning it. Picture me, a bucket of hot water & Murphy's Oil Soap, flannel rags, and a small screwdriver to ease dirt out of the carvings, and you have it. I love it. It's a beautiful table.

2. Working on the table, plus doing some other minor fixing jobs, has made me think seriously about developing a furniture-refinishing hobby, especially if I can turn it in green/natural/historical-materials directions. I might take a relevant class or two from a nearby school. And I'm also thinking about refinishing a dresser that was originally my mom's and has been mine since I was a child. It's been mine for longer than it was hers but it still feels like hers; I'm thinking a rehab might fix that.

3. Cuban sandwiches. Um, goodbye vegetarianism...

4. Belle & Sebastian. Worth a listen. My preferred table-cleaning music.

5. Running. I ran a little over a mile *nonstop* for I think the first time in my life. Very happy about that & how it feels.

6. My lovely students. Who knew teaching was so energizing? Even if I am running around like a crazy person half the time.

7. All those friends & loved ones who keep on keeping me from falling.

No tagging, except you, Jess!

7 comments:

Holden said...

I'm very glad you're still kicking Leo. Keep it up.

(word verification = ventscab!?!)

greg said...

It feels like a gift, both you and FG posting today.

Taking something beautiful that has been neglected &
un(der)appreciated and being the one who works at making it beautiful and unique again has got to be therapeutic as well as symbolic. Good for you.

CUBAN SANDWHICHES = MMMMMMM

greg said...

or sandwich. :)

justlikejessejames said...

ditto-ing greg- Hey there buddy! Great to see you!

e said...

Keep on kicking, Leo!

Working with your hands, doing something that you can see at the end of the day is very satisfying.

Blazer said...

One of the many who have missed you. I love refinishing furniture, though I haven't done it in a while. I do remember it being somehow therapeutic. Thanks for the reminder, I think I need to find an old piece of furniture to rehab.

saintchick said...

just checking in on you.. hoping that you are doing well, and miss your blogging :) and... now anytime I watch The Princess Bride I can't help but think of you !
take care