Thursday, 3 September 2009

Second Meme in a Row (Don't Cry, a Real Post will Come)

Tagged by Rhett, the Asphalt Cowboy. Rhett, just so you know, I read you regularly. Just still can't comment, dude.

The rules are, erase the answers already listed and fill in your own then pass it on to four bloggers of your choice.

1. Who is the hottest Movie Star?
Like Rhett, I like blondes. But my movie start knowledge is way, way out of date. I fell hard for Scarlett Johannsen after "Lost in Translation" and I've stayed loyal. I used to really have a thing for Gwyneth Paltrow but not as much now. Oh, Marilyn Monroe was pretty hot, too.

2. Apart from your house and car, what is the most expensive item you have ever bought?
I don't own my house! And technically it's FG's car (little bit of queer-insurance there, in case something happens to me she doesn't have to fight anyone or prove anything to have a ride, anyway). I guess it's a tie, therefore, between our bed (nice solid wood frame, proper mattress, too bad it creaks...) and FG's engagement ring. A diamond with two sapphires. I told the salesman I was buying it for a friend. We chatted for a while, then he smiled gently and said, "How long have you two been together?" I was twenty; it was a few days before Christmas, 1999, and the stores were filled with guys who wanted to propose at the turn of the millennium. And I paid in cash, like counting off actual bills, because I didn't have a credit card yet. Ah, the memories.

3. What is your most treasured memory?
Speaking of memories! I don't know. I have a few. I'm feeling squirrelly today, though, and I don't think I want to write about any of them. Ha.

4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child?
My parents roto-tilled a patch of our lawn and put a fence up and let me make my own garden when I was 11 or 12. I kept it going for several years, until I moved out of that house when my parents got divorced. Working in it gave me a knowledge of plants that's been a source of satisfaction ever since, and the physical labor was one of the best and only such outlets I had at that juncture. It was really an oasis in a very difficult patch of life. And I grew some impressive veggies, too.

5. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made?
Giving up on myself after college. Deciding that I had to "grow up" and "be a woman" instead of facing up to what was really going on with myself and my gender issues.

6. 4 words to describe yourself?
Difficult, steadfast, mercurial, generous.

7. What was your highlight or low light of 2008?

Highlight: Hello, read the archives! 2008 was the year my whole world broke open. I rediscovered sex, came out as butch and then as sorta-kinda-trans, and remade just about everything. 2008 has been a highlight of my life.

Lowlight: all the crap I had to wade through while remaking everything. Lots of dealing with the past, especially, and plenty of mistakes along the way.

8. Favorite Film?
At the moment, I'm crushing on "By Hook or By Crook" which I saw for the first time recently. Never before have I seen a movie that looked like the movie playing in the inside of my head, if you know what I mean. It was amazing.

9. Tell me one thing I don’t know about you.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
But haven't I told you everything already, dear readers? Hm. I like cream in my coffee, but at home I always use milk. There, that's a new one, I'm sure.

10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be?
No idea. Batman, maybe? I like Batman. Or, in a less heroic vein, possibly Garfield. A cross between Garfield and Odie, maybe.

The four bloggers I am tagging with this meme are:

Jess

Tina
FreedomGirl
Screaming Lemur

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm comforted to see that you have kept your word. I will do this one too.