Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Thirty Thirty Thirty


That's how old I am today. I'm very happy. I stayed up until midnight last night and felt such a sense of elation and joy and relief. I made it to thirty! Here I am! I've never been so happy about turning a specific age.

Staying up until midnight was not so difficult, thanks to a certain lovely person and a certain lovely birthday-present-to-myself that finally arrived in the mail yesterday. It came from the Land of Babes and goes by Rick. Good times, and an excellent start to a new decade...

After midnight, I opened some presents from FG: three new shirts. One was too big (apparently made for the heavily paunched, prosperous set) but the other two are gorgeous, both white, one with French cuffs. This morning I opened the rest: a very nice cigar and a Zippo lighter in the style shown above. Perfect, just absolutely perfect. And she baked me a peach cake, too.

Next we're going to do some gardening and then maybe out to dinner, maybe to a movie, I haven't decided yet.

Thanks to all of you who voted in my poll. I was surprised to see that the options were close in popularity--I figured there would be at least one stinker in the bunch. I think I'll start with the stone post and work my way down the list.

Once I'm done birthdaying, of course.

17 comments:

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday, Leo!!!!!!

:-D

sounds like it's a good one, enjoy the hell out of it, brother

Tina-cious.com said...

Happy happy! :)

greg said...

Happy 30th, sweet Leo!!

I love the sound a zippo makes when you open it. Back in the day all I would use was a zippo lighter - until I set fire to a hotel room in Florence trying to refill it. I digress.

Enjoy your special day - the 30s are the best!!

e said...

Happy Birthday! Love the milestones. Hope you are enjoying it thoroughly!

Saranga said...

Happy birthday!

Firebolt said...

Hippie Bathday Leo! ^_^

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha you cracked me up!! You stayed up until midnight!! Wow! Don't over do it buddy! You'll have to start taking it easy now you are the big 30 Leo!

Happy Birthday! The zippo lighter is a classic piece of design. I'll join you for a cigar anyday!

This Mom said...

Delurking to wish you a very Happy Birthday!

justlikejessejames said...

Happy birthday, Leo!

And holy crap greg! I too have caught a hotel room on fire with a zippo! It was actually an unattended candle gone wild, but I lit it with a zippo. Leo, you have been warned.

appple said...

happy day leo, it all gets better from here on out :D

QueerRose said...

A very happy birthday to you. With love QRx

Jess said...

Welcome to the 30+ club! I love the zippo! Tina got me one a couple Christmases ago that I love.

I definitely look forward to having a cigar with you my friend.

Blazer said...

Happy Birthday! I hope I am as happy when I hit the big 50 in a couple of years.

Dawn on MDI said...

I'm with Blazer. The milestones seem to get easier as they come. 30 was big, but 40 was better. I imagine 50 will be more freeing still. Enjoy the zippo and the cigar. When you fill it, tuck an extra flint under the felt pad in the bottom so you'll have a spare when it runs out. The fluid won't hurt the flint at all and the felt pad will hold it still. Happy birthday!
if you and FG can swing it, come on up sometime soon. We're up to our asses in referendum campaign stuff, but you're welcome to crash here and explore for our home base...

Asphalt Cowboy said...

Hey Buddy...happy big ol 3-0.]

I'll be joining you on the 28th as a member of the 20-10 club.

That's what I'm calling it.

I'm glad that you were ready and waiting for it...I'm not ready at all.

but hey...hope you had a great day!

Asphalt Cowboy said...

Oh, and tag! I've hit you with a meme.

canihelpyousir said...

Happy belated birthday. I loved my 30th, and life has just improved since then.