Thursday, 27 August 2009

Honest Scrap

Tagged by the inimitable Kyle...

There are three rules for this award:

First, link back to the person who gave you the award: Kyle, who tells it like it is.

Next, give the award to ten other bloggers:

1. Jess, because I was telling the truth when I said I'd always tag him
2. Freedom Girl, who tells the truth about what it's like to have to put up with me
3. Tina, probably the honestest scrappiest blogger of all
4. Jen, bringing the honesty about being a dyke in evolution [Jen, I can't comment on your blog. Hope you see this... also, check out #10. Bit of Maine synergy there.]
5. Sarcozona, who is uncovering new truths about plants all the time
6. Femme Is My Gender and
7. Holden, because I honestly think they should write more!
8. Two Ladies in Waiting, who should tell us the truth about where they've been all month
9. Miss Emily, for not flinching from the hardest truths
10. Dawn on MDI, who always, always shoots from the hip and tells it the way it is, a fact recognized most recently by no less than CNN


10 honest things about me

1. The whole blog is true. Ever since I started, I've tried to be ruthlessly honest here. At first, it was the only place I had for that.

2. I find it calming to rest my nose and mouth on my upper arm/shoulder. If you see me this way, I'm not stretching my neck or checking for B.O., I'm just taking a moment.

3. My favorite household chore (not of the handybutch or diesel dyke varieties) is doing the laundry.

4. I broke my toe once when I was banging a chair on the floor to send a message to an irritatingly noisy downstairs neighbor. It hurt like the devil.

5. I am allergic to apricots, but peaches are my favorite fruit.

6. I prefer my shoes a half size too big. I don't like my feet to be crowded in there.

7. I've been enjoying some time off over the last week. On Monday, FG and I went to the ocean and had just about the most fun day I think I've ever had.

8. I like the hair on the back of my fingers and I kind of hope it gets more present as I age.

9. I hardly ever drank water until I met FG. I guess I drank juice or Kool-Aid mostly.

10. I had a dream the other night that FG and I were in a French government building or palace of some sort, and we wandered by accident into the living quarters of two zombies. When I realized they were going to kill us, I tricked them into letting us near the door. Then I pushed FG out and we started running. The zombies followed us, but I turned and punched them away using my mad martial skillz. I think this dream is indicative of real subconscious progress. A few years ago, I was haunted by recurrent nightmares about monsters or bad people who were after me, closing in on my house or whatever. I was overwhelmed with helplessness and terror in those dreams and would wake up so utterly terrified I was unable to move. Maybe my dreaming mind feels I have finally gained some of the skills I need to tackle my monsters.

8 comments:

Tina-cious.com said...

Wicked awesome. :)

Miss Emily said...

Ooh, something to do while I'm lying on the couch dreadfully sick after teaching the kids who got me this way.

And thanks. The comment means a lot. For me, too, this is the only place where I can be really honest.

greg said...

#7 made me smile

#10 is fantastic! I love that you are seeing yourself as powerful, because you certainly are. Kiss some zombie ass!!

Jen said...

How come you can't comment on my blog?!? This makes me very sad!

#7 - what beach?

#10 - I love this and all of the meanings it could possibly have.

e said...

#3 me too! The machine does all the work and you end of with clean, fragrant clothes.

#10 Awesome dream. I'm sure it's indicative of all of the changes and empowerment in your life. I gotta say, though, in regards to your mad martial skillz - yeah! I had similar dreams when I started training and saw my development as a martial artist mirrored in my dreams. I had a relapse when I was preparing for my black belt test and had nightmares of being unable to fight. You are a strong and powerful person! Use your skillz well, grasshopper... :-)

LL Cool Joe said...

Great post Leo. I think it's your honesty that makes your blog one of my favourites. :)

Kyle said...

yay! I'm glad you decided to play along.. I know memes can be a pain sometimes.

#1. your blog has a special place for me as one of the first blog written by a butch that I discovered when I was getting ready to start mine. Your honesty is an inspiration.

#4 talk about insult to injury

#6 I started doing the same thing a few years ago, my feet are now accustomed to having toe-wiggling room and I can't do tight shoes at all anymore.

#8 I used to not like the backs of my hands much, I thought they looked old or something.. Now I love the veins and freckles and hairs .. my hands are experienced and it shows :-)

Sabertooth Screaming Lemur said...

This is neat! Me next!
Also, have you ever heard of the webcomic Kristy vs. the Zombie Army?
Your #10 reminded me of it.