Sunday, 23 August 2009

Dr. MacCool

...stumbling sleepily online, tea in hand...

so I defended my dissertation on Friday. It went well. I keep telling people, "I passed!" and then wanting to add, well, I mean, nobody passes, darling, of course they knew I was queer as a three dollar bill. But I realize this will make no sense to almost anyone.

As you can see I'm still a little befuddled by it all.

My advisor, ze of the awesome name-supportiveness, was equally supportive and appropriately celebratory on Friday. Ze even bought us all champagne at lunch afterward.

I was wearing my first proper pair of dress shoes. Bostonian, in burgundy; I also wore pinstripe pants and a white shirt. I felt distinctly grown up.

...time to stumble back into my day. Serious posts to come, when my brain is back in working order...

14 comments:

Firebolt said...

Congratulations on your success, Dr. MacCool!

FemmeFairyGodmother said...

Congratulations, Doctor! What a huge accomplishment.

Sublimefemme said...

Congratulations! It's such a milestone. I'm sure you looked very dapper and sounded very smart.

xo
SF

greg said...

WWWWOOOOO HHHOOOOO!! I am so happy for you and proud of you. Go celebrate, sweet Dr. Leo, you've earned it!

Saranga said...

Well congratulations!

hussy red said...

Congratulations, Dr. MacCool! I'm so happy for you and thrilled that there's now one more smart, handsome butch out there in academia. Love to you and FG! xo!

sinclair said...

congratulations!! what a relief - and of course, DUH, of course you did.

proper dress shoes + pinstripes ... totally dapper. fantastic.

Tina-cious.com said...

I am so completely and utterly proud of you right now.

Congratulations Leo MacCool, Ph.D.

Hey, now you can do those commercials for diet pills!

e said...

Woot!! Leo MacCool, PhD. Fantasticalness!

All that hard work... yes!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you and proud of you! You did it!

jesse said...

Big congrats, Leo.

Jen said...

Hearty congrats Dr. MacCool! Weathering that storm is no small task!

-Dr. JMc

canihelpyousir said...

Congratulations, Dr. MacCool! That is an amazing achievement, and you deserve every bit of praise coming to you.

And regarding the pinstripes and dress shoes - doesn't it feel amazing to look good like that?

KraftyKay said...

Congratulations!