Friday, 8 May 2009

Things I'm Happy About

Not an exhaustive list, just an immediate one.

1. New battery & power cord = being able to work on the computer outside.
2. Just ordered new glasses. So much sexier than the apologetic I'm-just-a-shy-girl-please-don't-mind-me glasses I've been wearing for the last 2.5 years. My tentative motto for the new glasses: oh-yes-I-am-all-that, I'll-quote-you-Foucault-then-fuck-you-silly.
3. The frames are new but the prescription isn't. My eyesight hasn't gotten worse! Hurray!
4. Got an interview. For a very part-time casual thing but another company in this same field has been blowing me off, and these folks were very professional, so I have new hope for my ability to generate some cash this summer. Thank heavens. Unlike Rachel Maddow, I haven't found any good yard boy openings to tide me over while I finish my dissertation...
5. Friends. I haz them. And I love them. (One of the funny things about this blog is that I started it at a moment of intense, severe isolation. And through the changes I've made & documented here, I've mostly escaped from that. But I'm entirely opposed to writing about my IRL peeps here in any but the most general of terms, which means that in a sense the end of that story is missing. Well. There are worse things.)

Five seems good for now. Happy Friday, all.

11 comments:

Freedomgirl said...

can't wait til those new glasses get here...

Tina-cious.com said...

"oh-yes-I-am-all-that, I'll-quote-you-Foucault-then-fuck-you-silly."

...first the mussels now that.

Jess is SO in trouble tonight.

ladybrettashley said...

okay, so i totally want to see those new glasses...and it makes me think i need glasses with a motto ;)

greg said...

I'm with Tina - I love that line.

Good for you!

CAB said...

"oh-yes-I-am-all-that, I'll-quote-you-Foucault-then-fuck-you-silly."

I need a pair of glasses like those

thissideofchanged said...

*fanning herself*

Where, precisely, does one buy a pair of glasses like that???

LL Cool Joe said...

Who the hell is Foucault? Would 2Pac work as well?

MLC said...

Have a good weekend!

e said...

Glasses, check.
Power cord, check.
Interview, check.
Friends, yeah!

Ready to roll...

canihelpyousir.com said...

Five things to be happy about is perfect. This post made me smile; it's nice to remember the good stuff.

Be sure to let us see those glasses when you get them ... I think we're all curious now.

Maria said...

Ah. I'm much the same myself. I just got home from a heinous long weekend to my childhood home in Iowa and decided not to blog about it for fear of my sisters being hurt by my words.

I do the same with friends. And some of those stories are just so funny, it's a shame not to write them all out.