I'm stealing this from Vic over at Dykes & Guitars. I've been lurking there for-freakin'-ever. Check out the post on the linkfest--classic D&G humor, had me LOLing all over the place.
8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
1. Going to kung fu in half an hour.
2. Hearing back from job applications large & small. (And some "yes" answers would sure be nice...)
3. Dancing with FG again.
4. Moving closer to friends. (This is just a neighborhood shift, nothing major.)
5. Fresh tomato & mozzarella salads
6. Changing the oil again
7. Beer. Always. <---- me too
8. An ever improving wardrobe
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Had dinner with new & less-new friends.
2. Talked to my advisor and got good advice. How about that. Talking to hir is generally an uplifting experience and yesterday was no exception.
3. Failed to get any despite numerous advances. Damn final papers, let go of your grip on the sexy woman who shares my bed.
4. Cleaned the apartment for the first time in so long I can't even remember. We do OK with straightening, dishes, that sort of thing. But it was well past the time for the vacuum and I to get reacquainted.
5. Ate proper crisps sent by an English angel. (I finished them today and actually licked the inside of the bag.) (That's potato chips, yanks.)
6. Read bits of Jennifer Finney Boylan's "She's Not There" out loud to FG. Brilliant, funny book written by a transwoman; it has moved me almost to tears several times.
7. Worked on the Giant Dissertation of Doom.
8. I don't know, I'm sure I did something else. Um, looked at the lettuce plants on the porch? I probably did that.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Fly airplanes.
2. Sleep with anyone I want with no adverse consequences. (Final papers!! I hate them!!!)
3. Expand the overall size of my skeleton esp. shoulders & hands.
4. Find size 36 suitjackets regularly stocked.
5. Get a job.
6. Go swimming in the ocean regularly.
7. Go back to England.
8. Be a more compelling blogger who doesn't rely on ripped-off memes.
8 Shows I Watch:
I subscribe to the Rachel Maddow podcast. Even that though I usually never get around to watching. We don't got no TV round here.
[Vic called it a stupid, stupid question & changed it. Good man.]
8 albums I'm granting listening time to lately:
1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
I don't care what anyone says, I love it like crazy and thank God it exists.
2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Just started listening to them. They're not half bad.
3. Arcade Fire - Funeral
See above. I like Neon Bible better though.
4. Joy Division - Best of Joy Division
This band rocks my world. "Atmosphere" is my favorite these days. "People like you find it easy..."
5. Kills - Midnight Boom
My album of the year. I don't know what year. But it wins.
6. k.d. lang - Hymns of the 49th Parallel
Always what I turn to when I need to regain calm, perspective, and maybe a little joy. It's damn near perfect.
7. Delta 5 - Sessions & Singles
Trying to get into the other stuff besides "Mind Your Own Business".
8. Mrs Jynx - The Standoffish Cat
I'm starting to expand my electronica range of interests. This is pretty cool stuff. It's not good sex music, though. We tried. We felt like we were in truly bad porn. Consider yourself warned.
8 People I Tag:
I'm gonna be late for kung fu, folks. No tagging eight over here. Steal it from me, let me know you're still reading. But I will tag Jess. He can change pronouns, he can transition from Blogger to Wordpress, but he can't escape my tagging.