Sunday, 15 February 2009

Happy Valentine's Day, belated

FG and I had a pleasant Valentine's Day which for us is doing well. This is not our holiday, a fact which has become a joke between us now. One year I did pretty well, got up before she awoke and returned with fresh blackberries and blood oranges and some chocolate. Otherwise it's not been a good scene, generally speaking. Maybe we were scarred by being so deeply closeted on the High Holy Day of Gooey (Heterosexual) Romance in high school. Make that probably. I meant to write up our very worst Valentine's Day story, which involves the best of intentions and ended with a resolution never to cook squid again; maybe later this week.

This year, I made dinner on Friday night (no squid! nothing unusual at all!) and we sat and drank some wine and talked. Yesterday was mostly taken up with her preparations for her trip. She's doing an alternative-spring-break program, which means I'm a bachelor this week. (Or in other words sad, lonely, and probably hungry.) And we went out briefly to a dance party, but we weren't really feeling it, and anyway we had to get up to get her to the airport insanely early this morning.

But I did order her some very sexy thigh-highs. Looking forward to test-driving those when she's back. And she got me lovely card made by a local artist, very much Georgia O'Keeffe style erotically artistic. And inside she wrote (among other things), "Valentine's Day is super silly, but it gives me an excuse to wear fishnets all day and give you a card that looks like my bits. :) " Can you see why I'm crazy in love with this woman?

8 comments:

Sabrae Carter said...

Sounds like you had fun!!! Good luck test driving those thigh highs when she gets back :)

greg said...

yep. totally. :)

Asphalt Cowboy said...

"sad, lonely, and probably hungry"

Yeah, that's the bachelor's life. :)

You prolly shouldn't mention thigh-highs, it's just teasing the caged animals...ya know, those true bachelors out here. ;)

Holden said...

Hope your week isn't too "sad, lonely and hungry" Although it could make the homecoming even better :)

MLC said...

A week - sigh. Errgh long time.

The card sounds great & the witty message.

Tina-cious.com said...

"Can you see why I'm crazy in love with this woman?"

Absolutely yes.

LL Cool Joe said...

Glad Valentines Day was good for you.

Hope your week goes better than you are imagining. Try and enjoy the time by yourself, I always do. I trash the house, eat pizza out of the box everyday and leave bottles of beer everywhere.

Then when they arrive back home I say "See, I just can't cope without you. Where's my dinner? I have no clean boxer shorts and I think I smell a bit." :D

Asphalt Cowboy said...

LOL I had to comment on LL Cool Joe...

I tried that once...and I still shudder from the withering look I got. Instill trashed the house, but cleaned in in 15 minutes before I had to pick her up from the airport. It was just like what I did when my parents went out of town..