Saturday, 24 January 2009

Here Be (No) Dragons

And now for something completely different. A while back, there was some silliness on Twitter. It started when the lovely and multitalented Femme Is My Gender mentioned that she would be cooking Red Dragon Pie and offered the recipe to my own darling FreedomGirl.

Ever the chivalrous provider, I of course leapt from my desk and began to don my Red Dragon Slaying Gear. Yet just a few tweets later I discovered the name of the pie is a mere metaphor. In fact the pie is vegetarian, to the everlasting scorn of staunch carnivores Tina and Kyle.

But once Red Dragon Slaying Gear has been mentioned, what are butches to do? Discuss swords, of course. Holden weighed in, we heard about Kyle's all-conquering Sword of Love, and Jessie's damned impressive sword collection was enumerated. Natt Nightly's own sword collection is of course legendary as well.

And there it all would have stayed, if I had not been lured by SaintChick into promising to post a picture of me in my own Dragon Slaying Gear. I stalled, but she called me to task in her last comment, and quite rightly, too.

I am here today to make good my vow to the fair lady. Without further ado, here I am, in Dragon Slaying Gear (also known as my Inigo Montoya costume). All I can say is: that mustache deserves a better sword. And I think this picture stands as final proof, I really would do anything a beautiful femme asked, however difficult, painful, or, um, humiliating.

12 comments:

femmeismygender said...

That is a damn fine dragon slaying costume sire! Nice sword too ;-) fimg x

Asphalt Cowboy said...

Dude, that moustache is outta control!

greg said...

I am a huge Princess Bride fan & I love your costume!

LL Cool Joe said...

Cool boots! Are they proper Doc Martens? ;)

Nothing like a bit of facial hair is there? :D

saintchick said...

::FAINTS:: My crush on you is now offically out of control !!!
You slayer you !

Freedomgirl said...

costume credit: FG

Tina-cious.com said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Brilliant.

I'll take my dragon burger with ketchup, mayo and lettuce and tomato.

:P

Leo MacCool said...

joe: yes, proper doc martens. purchased in blighty no less.

Sabrae Carter said...

lol! Too funny! Go slay the dragon!

Kyle said...

Buddy.. very tough look.. and that mustache would also look pretty good under a cowboy hat, fyi.

It is true that we will do ridiculous things for the lovely ladies.. and they know that. Saintchick can be particulary insistent ;-P

Jessie MacRae said...

You are my hero.

Sabertooth Screaming Lemur said...

Very dashing sir! Might I also add I had a helluva time not making phallic "sword" jokes?
...Yes, I know. It's bad.