Monday, 10 November 2008

Random Meme for a New Start

Stolen from a blogger I'm steadily falling in love with, Mid-Life Clarity. My last post was so depressing, I want something different to start this new week off.

What color are your socks right now? Black. Long black woolly socks because it's cold in here and I am planning on wearing boots later.

What are you listening to right now? Nothing. But the last thing I listened to was "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba. Remember them? Major flashback to 1997.

What was the last thing that you ate? Cold leftover pizza. Breakfast of champions.

Can you drive a stick shift? Daily.

Last person you spoke to on the phone? FreedomGirl

How old are you today? 29. I swear it's true.

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Pro football. I know, I know, there's no defense for it, but I find it completely absorbing. I swear I feel it when the QB gets sacked. I would love to be the NFL's first female lefty QB. Don't hold your breath.

What is your favorite drink? At the moment? Sam Adams.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Nope. But I've found a gray hair or two so this may be in my future. I'd go for something totally different though, bleached or black or something.

Favorite food? Cheese. Of almost any kind.

What is the last movie you watched? Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

Favorite day of the year? Like MLC, I can't answer this one. The best days sneak up on you with their joy & wonder.

How do you vent anger? Oh, the usual ways... I throw stuff and say unkind things in a loud voice. Vent constructively? Singing too loud in the car, I guess.

What was your favorite toy as a child? I don't remember. I liked digging though, trenches and holes and whatnot. I liked mucking around generally, so I guess I'll say mud.

What is your favorite season? Spring.

Cherries or blueberries? I hope I never have to choose.

Living arrangements? Been living with FG basically since I moved out of my mom's house, over a decade ago now.

When was the last time you cried? Saturday night. A long hard conversation on all the pain we've caused each other and a lot of bottled up anger, growing up gendered wrong, loss & grief & the usual suspects.

What is on the floor of your closet? Some shoes, some bins of stuff, some cat hair.

What did you do last night? Made a mix CD, went for a long drive & walk in the dark with FG.

What are you most afraid of? Wasting my life through fear.

Plain, cheese, or spicy cheese hamburger? Cheeseburger (well, cheese soyaburger these days).

Favorite dog breed? I love them all, especially the big proper doggie ones. Mixes are great. My great canine love (so far) was a golden retriever. I dream of a german shepherd in my future. Border collies are awesome but not likely for me as I don't have a herd of sheep handy.

Favorite day of the week? Friday. So much potential.

How many states have you lived in? Four.

Diamonds or ruby? Erm, rubies I guess? I really don't care about gemstones.

What is your favorite flower? How can you dislike a flower? Daisies make me especially happy, as do sunflowers.

6 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I so agree with you about "Wasting my life through fear.". I think I've managed to do that so far.

Sorry but you ask how someone can dislike flowers...well I do. I've never understood why people find them beautiful.

Oh and "Tubthumping" still goes down well at the right disco!!Along with the Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" right towards the end of the evening when everyone is drunk, apart from me of course.

greg said...

I'm curious about your mix CD.

My name is greg and I have a cheese addiction - there I said it, it's out there. I need to find a sponsor now.

I have heard that flowers make some people think of funerals and I could see that being a reason to dislike them but personally, I love them. A couple of weeks ago gf brought home a bunch of flowers that looked like they were plucked out of someone's garden and it made me so happy.

MLC said...

Falling in love with me -- thank you.

What a queer couple we'd be.

Border collies are not all crazy -- I have a border collie mix. "Silly" she is not too active/ocd - so if you like them you can find one that is calm and not in need of sheep.

j.

QueerRose said...

Chumbawamba! *Smiling* I remember them :) QRx

Holden said...

You just can't beat cheese, so versatile!

Renee Gannon said...

I love me a Meme... more meme, more!