Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Basking in post-kd haze of happiness

I just saw kd lang twice, on Monday & Tuesday. It was so insanely awesome. She was funny and political and passionate and damn, she really is the best singer I have ever heard. Jess came with me to the first show and we were both in awe... getting to see kd up there, completely rocking the butch thing as Jess said, was amazing. The next night we took our beautiful dates with us and it was just as fantastic. I actually got a little teary-eyed during Hallelujah, holding T.'s hand and remembering when we first discovered this song, and thinking about everything that's happened since.

In between shows there was some great hanging out, not to mention a very tasty lasagna dinner. A weekend away with two concerts (and a dead car battery all the fault of yours truly, but let's skip over that part with a brief nod towards T.'s tough-guy femme heroism) should be the sort of thing that leaves you needing a weekend from your weekend. But I gotta say, when kd lang is the entertainment and Jess and Tina are the hosts, that's not the case. I feel relaxed and renewed and so, so glad to be here, at this moment in my life, with these friends and role models and T. still by my side.

9 comments:

Butch Boo said...

Fantastic!! Glad you had fun and yes she's amazing isn't she.

We saw her in London, then I whisked my girlfriend away for a surprise birthday present to see KD in Copenhagen then went with friends to see her in Brighton.

My girlfriend offered her a cigarette!

BB

X

Holden said...

Glad you all had a great time.

greg said...

That's so awesome, Leo! I'm happy you all had a great time.

I really want to hear more about "T.'s tough-guy femme heroism" b/c if you had that pretty girl working on the car you best have taken some pictures. Just sayin'. :)

Leo MacCool said...

bb, that sounds brilliant, kd in three such great cities. did she take the cigarette?

thanks, holden.

greg! always calling me out on the stupid stuff i do! ok, so i took the bus to nyc, and t. drove down to ct. by herself the next day. and before i left i filled up the tank (good idea) and even washed the inside of the car and the windows etc. (good idea) and didn't notice i'd bumped the ceiling light on (very bad idea). so when she went to leave, dead battery. with the help of a friend, she sweet-talked the garage owner down the hill to loan her a battery jump starter. and with the help of a neighbor, she got the car jump-started. yes, that's my girl.

Clementine said...

Yay! kd is amazing!

Kyle said...

I love kd's version of Hallelujah... it's absolutely gorgeous. Her voice has always laid me to waste... so rich and smooth... love her.

Sounds like a wonderful time, even with the car battery incident.

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm glad you had a great time, I have to say KD isn't my kind of music, and I've never seen her live. But I do know how cool it is to see someone live that you've admired and not be disappointed in their performance.

MLC said...

How fantastic -- glad you had a great time. When she sings the Siberry song "The Valley" it just kills me.

j.

Renee Gannon said...

Sounds like you had a fab time... I definitely need to see KD sometime :)