Friday, 8 August 2008

Long-suffering felines

We love our cats, we really do. They're great cats. But I have to admit we got a little out of the cat-care groove in England. We keep running out of cat food and having to rush out to our local natural pet food store at the last minute. And that store is run by two awesome women with a small child, so it doesn't have the most extensive hours ever.

A few days ago T. picked up some cans of our usual brand from a different store. A little more expensive, they looked a little different. Whatever. But the cats just didn't like it. They nibbled, they looked at us suspiciously. I mixed in some sardines and they liked it a little better. (Yeah, I buy sardines for my cats. You wanna make something of it?)

Today I went to our usual store and stocked up. When I got home I noticed that the old cans really were different. I looked closer: "all natural food for dogs".

Sorry, guys. We'll remember how to do this. In the meantime... anchovies anyone?

3 comments:

Tina-cious.com said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

ehem

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

ahahahahaha

:::thud::::

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

greg said...

Can't write it better than Tina did, but yep, I had a good laugh over this one also. Thank you, Leo!
"they looked at us suspiciously" - Oh I know that look. :)

Jess said...

ROFL!!

I'm one of the weird humans that actually like anchovies.