Thursday, 14 August 2008

Butch Castration Anxiety?

What does it mean that I've dreamed my hair is long again four or five times in the last week or so? Sometimes I realize I've forgotten to get it cut, but mostly it's just this awful manifestation, hair where there was none. In one dream it was just long on the sides--I felt my neck and was relieved to discover the hair was still short and stubbly there. And recently I've thought, during the dream, 'This is just a dream,' but I still can't wake up, and then (in the dream) I think, 'Oh no, this time it's for real!' I won't get into the variations about being unable to schedule an appointment for a haircut as I suspect this post is getting too long. (Like my subconscious hair!)

(Just in case you're wondering: yes, I'm getting some.)

4 comments:

Jess said...

LOL! How did you know I was wondering that?

Dylan said...

Haha. Oh man this post made me laugh a lot. I couldn't schedule a haircut when I was in Boston and my hair is way out of control. I hope I don't start dreaming about it getting real long again though. The trauma! YIKES!

Leo MacCool said...

jess-it's just great minds thinking alike, i guess.
...moving along...
dylan-you're back! hurray.

appple said...

the very night i cut my hair off for the first time in high school i dreamed i was holding these long flowing locks, longer than i'd ever had, but then realized that they belonged to a girl i'd never even made eye contact with.

this time around i'm happy with the choppage.