Friday, 30 May 2008

A meme, oh my (my first)

Jess tagged me. Jess, I always thought it was pronounced meem. (Does that count as the first random fact? Nah, that’s cheating.)

“Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don't forget to leave them a comment saying “You're it!” & to go read your blog. You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you're not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird/random/odd facts, habits and goals.”

1. When I see a gumball machine, I can predict the color of the next gumball to emerge. I don’t get it right every time, just above the odds.
2. I can’t whistle. Full stop. T. titled my best attempt “Arctic Wind, by MacCool.”
3. I really like sex in the morning. But I like it best when the bed’s already made and we’re both already dressed, and then we undo all those things right away.
4. I haven’t worn a skirt or dress since 1998, when I kind of had to for my mom’s wedding.
5. I once ate seven bananas in a row. I wasn’t trying to, I just sat there snacking on bananas, and when I looked up from the newspaper, there were seven peels. Damn, that was a lot of bananas.
6. I have a ridiculous fondness for knock-knock jokes. I heard the banana/banana/orange one and I was smitten. (What is it with me and bananas?) Sometimes I make up a whole bunch and drive T. up the wall.
7. During one particularly boring summer of my adolescence, I perfected the art of dangling my hand in the water in a pond near my house, moving it ever more slowly towards a frog, until I could actually touch the frog itself. My goal was to earn the undying nickname, “The Frog Tickler.” That was a weird goal. I don’t really have it anymore.
8. I prefer blondes. (But I often check out brunettes.)
9. I totally wanted to be Sherlock Holmes when I grew up, but now I’m glad I’m not. Mostly. I did stroll nonchalantly by 221B Baker Street when we were visiting Regent’s Park in London, though.
10. I’ve never seen Star Wars. Well, bits and pieces, but I’ve never sat through any of the movies in their entirety. It’s not ideological, I’d like to see it, but I just never have.

Now, I’m very open on the blog about all of my Issues, right? So I can tell you honestly: I’m not going to tag anyone. I’m going to break the rules on my very first meme, because I think just about everyone I might tag either has done this meme like 6 times already or just doesn’t do memes or something. If I’m wrong you can tell me secretly and I’ll update this post and tag you. But otherwise? No tagging. None of this meme germs, no returns business. No sir.

4 comments:

ladybrettashley said...

i love these things, they are always so cute. and amen to number three!

Hahn at Home said...

Hah, this was good. First, I wonder about that you "mostly" don't want to be the frog tickler anymore and second, I'm glad you're not Sherlock Holmes either, I hear he went over some kind of falls with this guy named Moriarty.

Leo MacCool said...

But he came back! He landed on a ledge!!

Hahn at Home said...

Yeah, but only because Arthur needed $$$.